Family Immigration Lawyer

U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) may petition for certain family members to immigrate to the United States.

For immediate relatives of U.S. citizens, visas are always available, which means that your family member does not need to wait in line for a visa number. Immediate relatives include spouses of U.S. citizens; Children (unmarried and under 21) of U.S. citizens; and Parents of U.S. citizens (The petitioning citizen must be 21 or older.)

The USCIS employs a preference-based system for family members who are not immediate relatives. When petitioning for your relative, the following preference categories apply:

First preference: Unmarried, adult sons and daughters of U.S. citizens. (Adult means 21 or older)

Second Preference (2A): Spouses of green card holders, unmarried children (under 21) of permanent residents

Second Preference (2B): Unmarried adult sons and daughters of permanent residents

Third Preference: Married sons and daughters (any age) of U.S. citizens

Fourth Preference: Brothers and sisters of adult U.S. citizens

Contact Ms. Ebrahimi For Legal Assistance

For a family law attorney who will work closely with you to ensure your rights are protected, call 571-418-0324 today. You may also contact us online for convenience.